Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday & a Midsummer Night's Dream....

Another Sunday. Seems I was just leaving work on Friday...oh well.
Spent a lot of time in my craft room this weekend. It was the end of Ramadan so Housni went to have a meal with his best friend. I did some things around the apartment & worked on challenges. Posted one yesterday & here is another.
Celina (ScrapVamp) over at Scraps of Darkness has a challenge.."The Darkest Side". Her theme for September was A Midsummer Night's Dream. It could be about the play, Shakespear himself or whatever you could come up with...well, for me it was the title that inspired me. The magical night. Who better than to dream of than Eric from True Blood? Could there be a more perfect photo? I loved the blue tint in the photo. Nope, I found it on the internet...no way I learned anything about photoshop to do this. I used a lot of glitter for the "magic". I sprayed the black paper with silver glimmer mist...after hunting it down for a couple of weeks. There are some tiny stars on the top of the page too. The fairy. Boy was she hard to come by...& expensive. I have seen her in other members of SOD & SD & when this challenge came up, I knew I had to have her. Found I could only get it from Austraila...yea...I think she was $2.90...with shipping it was $22 and change. Celina...all for you...thanks for making me think.
Here's the dream....



Here is the fairy up close. She is a laser cut by Dusty Attic & brown chipboard. I painted her white first so the color would show up. I got the idea of her hair from Mandy at SOD...nakes it look better. I painted her wings silver, & the rose had to be red. I used stickles on that & her outfit.
Hope you like it. Was a lot of work.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

3 comments: