Friday, February 3, 2012

An October to Remember.....

So, October was a busy month. Mostly with everyday stuff at home and work. But I decided to take a quick trip to Dallas. I know...I just went in September, but this was going to be a non stop whirlwind super fun trip.
I left Boston on Friday 10/14/11. Arrived in Dallas about midnight...had to go stand in line for my reserved rental...you would think that wasn't a big deal, but an hour later I was finally in my rental headed to my sisters house just a mere 25 mins away. Not so fast there...the highway that leaves DFW goes straight to her house is CLOSED. Well, I have to take a different highway that took me half way around Dallas & to her house the back way. Well it was almost 3 before I got in bed...jeeze I was tired...but not much time for sleep.
Up at 7am to go grocery shopping as I am having a small get together at the house on Sunday during the day.
After the grocery store I get back to the house, put things away & get dressed for the day. But only after I learn there are still tickets for the Ranger game that night...a post season division championship game. Well, have CC will travel. I get tickets, head out the door to have lunch in Allen with one of my BFF's Tiffany & her wonderful family (Paul & Marilyn) who I love just as much a my own family at....get ready....El Chico. We had a great lunch.
Had to get going though we have a long drive to Arlington to see my beloved Rangers. Stop in Plano to pick up my other BFF Susan & head out to Arlington...Now this is no small feat...Arlington & Allen are not even in the same county, & Texas is known for it's size...LOL
Get to The Ballpark in Arlington. I so love that place. Get our picture taken outside then head in. Wow, I had only been to a thousand games there but this was different. A division playoff. I had never been to anything above a forst round playoff. This was for the World Series. It was electrifying. Well, the Rangers ended up winning....It was so exciting to be there since I have been such a big fan for such a long time...


Once the game ended & team met on field
we were headed to the World Series, second time in 2 years & only the second time in team history. We were there till after 1am...yes, a long day after only a few hours sleep...but hey, you only live once.
Back home around 3am. Take a nap because I have to get upat 6 & begin cooking. We have roasted potatos, BBQ beef ribs in the crock pot, beef stew in the crock pot & dessert that I seem to not remember what it was. It took forever to chop up all those veggies & get it all in the crock pot. I think I laid down about 9am for almost an hour, but back up to finish cooking & talk to my sissy.
Family started arriving at 11, man I could use a nap. We had a great day, talking & eating. I seriously miss them.

About 6 I have to start getting ready for the night....this is the night I had been waiting for since June...my favorite band of all time was on tour for their Farewell tour. Judas Priest. Kenny & I went, it was in a sort of small venue, Allen Center. Was a good spot though. They finally came on stage & it was like an instant time machine back to the 80's. I LOVED it. It was good, Rob Halford still has it.
Well, concert over, back home then taking yet another nap, as I had to be up for another adventure. Out the door by 9am, had to go shopping along the way...you cannot get short sleeved tops in Boston in October so I had to do it in Dallas, since it was still in the high 90's. After that I headed to Oak Cliff to see my most favorite person in the whole world (OK it's a tie with Housni) Kenny. We hang out at his apartment for a bit then to the State Fair.


Howdy Folks, Welcome to the State Fair of Texas
 I haven't been there in years like over 10. I so wanted to go again. I rode a couple of rides...ferris wheel & the gondolas...took a few pics. It was hot....I mean crazy horrible Texas heat. I ate a corney dog & a funnel cake...ummmmmm.


Had fun, but the rest of the time was spent indoors at the pavillion where it was air conditioned. LOL
Headed home around 4, then out to eat with friends at you guessed it...El Chico...could I please get one of those in Boston? Anyway, back home to pack...have to be at the airport at 4am Tuesday morning.
Finally back in Boston around 1pm...man do I need sleep...7pm cannot get here fast enough. Back to work on Wednesday.
All in all I wouldn't take any of it back. The rest of the month was pretty normal & low keyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment