Saturday, October 20, 2012

Texas, Our Texas...

All hail our mighty state.

Well after literally months of planning, we finally made it. Sept. 22. Arrived at DFW, got the rental car & headed straight to Whataburger...OMG it was delicious...especially at midnight & not having had any food since 3.
This trip I took Kathy with me. She had never been to Texas & I was proud to show her the Great State...well a tiny part of it anyway. I mean we only had 2 weeks there...not even enough time to scratch the surface.

The first day began by getting up early heading to Daddy & Kay's for breakfast. She made us biscuits with gravy, bacon & eggs..yum.
Then we headed out to shop since I needed a pair of shoes. Went to Town East Mall...it has changed a bit in 10 years. Oh..of course there was El Chico...had to eat there...my mouth was in heaven. Kathy liked it too.
On our way to Old City Park which is now called Dallas Heritage Park. My BFF is getting married in a few hours so we needed to spend time there. Well, there was a small detail she left out when telling me where the ceremony was going to take place...OUTSIDE...I mean really, outside...it was 92 degrees...in Texas...again...really? I was in hell...but I smiled & hugged her lots. She was beautiful.
Her Dad passed a couple of years ago but they have a bench with his name on it at the park so she sat there. He was a great person & was sorely missed.
Her BIL Michael stepped in to walk her down the "aisle". Like his outfit? The guys wore the camo vest over the white shirts & jeans...I mean it is Dallas afterall.
Yes, the Brady (I man Sawyers/Davis bunch) was waiting for her. Chris face lit up. He is great to & for her. Those are his 4 boys & her 2 girls.
Ah yes...the Kiss. I am so happy for her.

I guess you can only put so much in here....continued on next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment